Standard Terms & Conditions
Our general rule for cancellation prior to arrival is:
- less than 7 days – forfeit full deposit
- from 7 to 28 days – forfeit 50% of deposit
- more than 28 days – forfeit 15% of deposit
- no show - forfeit 100% of monies received.
Cancellation policy for December School Holidays:
- There will be no cash refunds for cancellations of bookings which dates fall during the December school holidays.
- Please note that the deposit paid will be refundable in the form of vouchers according to our general cancellation policy above.
- No refunds or transfers will be considered for late arrivals or early departures.
- During the holiday period full payment is expected prior to arrival / or at the very latest upon check-in. No keys will be handed over until this process is complete, so please come prepared.
Should the reservation not be taken up on the arrival date the accommodation will be held until 09:00 the following day after which the reservation will be cancelled and all monies paid will be forfeited.
In the event of the agreed payment not received by the stipulated date on the confirmation letter, Moon Shine Management shall be at liberty to release the reservation without notice to you.
Please be sure of your holiday plans before you make the booking or pay your deposit.
Cancellation due to COVID19 / Pandemic:
- In the event that you cannot travel to Moon Shine due to COVID-19 related issues you can change your booking to a date within 18 months of your original check-in date, subject to availability and free of charge.
- Any bookings moved based on these revised alteration terms cannot be transferred to other guests.
- Only one amendment to travel dates may be made.
- Original rates will apply if your booking is moved to the same season. If your booking is moved from a low season period to a high season period, you will have to pay a difference. No refunds will be given in the event that your booking moves to a period with a lower rate.
- Minimum night stays will still apply.
- EFT, Visa or Master Credit Cards only, Cash.
- We are not liable for bank charges, they are for the account of the Guest.
- No cheques accepted
Check in / out times:
- Check in: between 14h00 & 18h30 unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Check out: Please check out by 10h00 unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Guests wanting to check in after 18h30 should advise us what time they intend to arrive otherwise we may consider it a no show
- Moon Shine Management reserves the right of admission.
- It should be noted that we do not accommodate Matric Students visiting Plett for the Matric Rage at the end of November / beginning December every year.
- No more than the specified number of paying guests may occupy the cabin.
- Please note that overcrowding of cabins will not be permitted and the maximum occupancy as reflected in the confirmation letter includes children of all ages.
- All units are child friendly, with the exception of Fly Me to The Moon Forest Cabin. We do not accommodate children in Fly Me to The Moon.
- No pets allowed.
- Accommodation is subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis.
- For short stays, i.e. less than 3 nights, Moon Shine Management may for practical reasons if deemed necessary, be required to change the location of the Guests unit and reserves the right to assign a different unit without prior notice. Any difference in monies owed will be made good by Moon Shine Management.
- Articles of display, equipment or guest property brought on to the resort premises are not covered by the resort or Moon Shine insurance policy and are brought onto the resort premises at the sole risk of the guest.
- Although Moon Shine Management endeavours to take the utmost care at all times, it does not accept liability for loss of and / or damage to such items and / or property.
- Smoking inside the cabins is prohibited, by law actually.
- Moon Shine cannot be held responsible for not fulfilling its obligations due to unforeseen circumstances, such as but not limited to bankruptcy, natural disasters, acts of terrorism or serious threats of terrorist attacks, sabotage or piracy, strike or boycott, acts of governments or any other acts of authority whether lawful or unlawful, blockade, siege or sanctions, accidents, fires, explosions, plagues or any event of a similar nature. Moon Shine cannot guarantee the availability of electricity in the event of unexpected power outages or scheduled load shedding.
These terms are non-negotiable and receipt of a pre-payment or a deposit assumes your unconditional acceptance of these terms.
Additional Terms and Conditions
For Long Stays / Digital Nomads
Please read these in conjunction with our standard T&C’s. Both apply.
Extraordinary Times, Extraordinary Measures!
- Moon Shine will not operate as normal for guests who opt for our long stay discount deals.
- There will be limited services and interaction between hosts and guests – social distancing will be practised at all times (COVID compliant).
- All bedding, linen and towels to be provided by the guest. If not, add R200.00 per person, per week for a weekly change.
- Guests will be requested to keep their own cottages clean outside of servicing days.
- The cottage will be cleaned once a week on an arranged day and time by Moon Shine Staff.
- Should guests require additional cleaning this service is available from Moon Shine staff at R200 per shift – 5 hours. Please contact Sue or Albert to arrange.
- Other than our own linen and towels, we do not offer a laundry service.
- Electricity. The quoted price includes the use of electricity of the standard items already in the cottages. The price does not cover the usage of other appliances brought in by the guest. Should the guest require the use of additional appliances - this cost will need to be negotiated and added to the to the base price.
- All accommodation to be paid in full in cash upon arrival, or as quoted.
- A refundable breakage deposit of R2000.00 per cottage will be charged. Payable in cash upon arrival. Refunded, less damages, after inspection upon departure.
- Right of Admission is STRICTLY reserved. Moon Shine is not a party venue, we love tranquillity and privacy. Should you wish to entertain more than 2 guests, please approach us first. Guests are welcome to visit between 8.00 and 21.00.
- As a rule overnight guests are not allowed. Should an occasion arise this would need to be discussed and arranged prior to the event with Moon Shine Management.
- We do not permit casual labour or any other service providers on the property.
- No refunds for shortened stays, or cancelled bookings – the minimum bookable stay will be 2 weeks.
- Reservations are not transferable to another person. Only people named on the reservation will be entitled to occupy the unit.
- Firewood for heating and braaiing will be available for collection and purchase at R30 a box.
- For month to month rentals, extensions are to be confirmed by both parties 14 days prior to check-out. Payment of a 50% deposit for the coming month will be required to secure the accommodation.
- After check out, cottages are cleaned and sanitised according to COVID19 requirements.